COLOUR SELECTION TIPS
Choosing a colour for your joinery requires careful thought as it influences the overall appearance of your home. There are numerous options available and the choice is usually influenced by a number of factors, including the colour of the cladding and the interior colour schemes.
- For a joinery colour that complements the house cladding it is common to choose a tone a few shades up or down from the cladding colour.
- Choosing the same colour as the house can give a very clean look, especially in white or cream tones.
- Remember, however, that the colour of joinery you choose now may limit options in the future if you want a change of house colour.
- Contrasting joinery colours are popular and darker natural tones, silver and black are often chosen.
- Dark or black joinery against a light coloured house, especially in a plaster finish, can look very sharp and attractive.
- Matching the joinery colour to the roof or fascia for a unified look is also popular.
- It is important to remember that the joinery colour impacts on the inside view and so can influence interior colour schemes. A good option can be to choose a neutral joinery colour that preserves flexibility for interior selections e.g white, cream, grey, taupe, black or silver.
INTERACTIVE COLOUR VIEWER
* FOR TECHNICAL REASONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE COLOUR REPRODUCTION, THE COLOURS SHOWN ONLY GIVE AN INDICATION OF SHADE. PLEASE VISIT US TO VIEW THE ALUMINIUM COLOUR SWATCHES PRIOR TO ORDERING.